Friday, September 21, 2012

Water for the dehydrated cat

Hopefully you know that if you have a cat with CRF (Chronic Renal Failure), you MUST keep a supply of fresh water for them at all times.  The water fountains are great because a lot of cats (like mine) are attracted to the stream of water. I was told to always give animals distilled water, so that is what I use.  I've also found that  when I pour Smart Water in my cat's bowl she really seems to enjoy it and acts more perky after she drinks it.  It could be my imagination, but there are electrolytes in it, so who knows?  At this point anything I can do to help her feel better, I'll do.
More tips and links to come.  And to keep it from not getting horribly depressing, I'll try to put some pictures of my jewelry creations in here and there.  Here's a picture of my "baby" sleeping in one of her favorite spots.  For awhile I thought it was just because she loves me, but I realized that since she's lost so much weight, she gets cold easily.  My head gives her a warm spot.  Like I said, anything I can do for her...


No comments:

Post a Comment